Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A beautiful scan......and a chance celebrity siting


Travis has his semi-annual MRI and check up yesterday. Boy, that comes faster than it should. So we headed down to St. Joseph's Hospital in the morning first for his scan and then for a visit with his doctor, Dr. Brachman. We know the drill all too well since we've been doing it for a couple years now.

Travis is always a little stressed and apprehensive about the MRI. He had a bad experience with nausea early on and it left a bad association. Fortunately, with all the practice, he has gotten really good at it! The scan went smoothly and quickly. We then met with Dr. Brachman. He was in a meeting so we had to wait a while, but when he finally entered the room he said, "The scan looks beautiful!"

We were so relieved!

The tumor is even more difficult to see since the last scan and the contrast between the tumor and brain stem is difficult to differentiate. We were just so happy to get great news.

The doctor also said that we can start coming just once a year for check ups. Wow! We like that.

The only "symptom" or problem Travis is having is from the surgery. He has tightness in the muscles and tendons that were cut during the surgery. He will begin some physical therapy to help that out.
We got a last minute call from our friends at Make a Wish with box tickets to the D-Backs game last night. The seats were right behind home plate........amazing seats.

The kids were so excited and we settled into our seats to watch the game. A few minutes later, a group came from the field tunnel and sat down a couple rows in front of us. I noticed one of the girls looked vaguely familiar. In fact, I thought she looked like Kristen Stewart who plays Bella in the Twilight movies. She has bleached out frizzy hair and no makeup on. She was wearing a sleeveless, thin white t-shirt with a black bra under it. She has on slouchy skinny jeans and dirty white vans on. Very casual, almost grungy. So I took a picture of her with my I-phone. But I wasn't completely sure. Then a dad with his daughter approached her and took a picture with her. It was Kristen Stewart!!!
So I grabbed my camera and Olivia and walked up to her. She was sweet to let me get her picture with Olivia. She didn't stay long so I'm glad I took advantage of the opportunity when I did.

Kind of cool, huh?

It was a great day. I am very thankful for the amazing restoration of health Travis has experienced. As always, I am reminded of a loving Heavenly Father who continues to bless me and my family.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

So good to hear that Travis had another good scan! That is awesome that he has been bumped up to yearly ones now too!

elle pothier said...

Thats AWESOME! So cool! :)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

So good to hear the great news about Travis!

Seeing a real Twilight star would have totally made our Brilynn's day. How cool is that Olivia got a picture with her. However, she really isn't too cute is she? Oh that wasn't very nice~was it?

Please take care and thanks for all your updates.

JoLynn

Lori said...

The news is great. I would have done cartwheels down the hall at the office, but I was in a dress that day. I am so very happy about the good news too.!

Lars said...

Happy, happy news! Thanks for the update.

Rydgd said...

Andrea! I don't know if you really even remember me! I was checking out Beckie Taylor's blog and saw the link to yours. What an amazingly beautiful family you have! And how is it possible that you look exactly the same as you did 15 years ago??? I'm adding you to my fave peeps! Check out my silly blog to update you on the Halliday's. :)