Monday, March 14, 2011

Cabo Cruise & Andrea's Birthday Bash...

For my parents' 40th wedding anniversary, we went on a 5 day cruise from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. Everyone made arrangements to leave the 11 grandkids home and off we went!
It was an amazing trip and surpassed my expectations for fun.....

Travis and I had t-shirts made with my parents' wedding picture on the back:
My parents, Juanita and Rollin, with my sisters, Emily and Jamie, me and brother, Josh:
We swam with the dolphins in Cabo.......Everyone LOVED the wetsuits....hahaha
Travis and I swam with an 18 year old dolphin named Nacho......he was awesome
He kissed me on the cheek over and over.....it was hilarious!
My parents with Travis and me:
I got to cuddle and hold a lion cub......his name was Randy and his brother Tomas is in Jodi's arms....they are 3 months old

Travis and I on the cruise ship one evening waiting for a comedy show to begin:
This was the "elegant" evening attire....it was also lobster night. Travis was so happy about that.
Travis and I went on a 2 tank dive in Cabo. The water was so cold to me and the visibility was okay, I've been spoiled in the Caribbean.

Here is Travis saying "Hi."
Nice close-up, huh?
Posing with Pablo, the iguana (I love the sombrero)
Olivia started cheer this Spring.....how cute is she in that uniform??
Ryan doing some damage on the soccer field:
Ethan leading the pack on his team, the Suns:
Ella played a mean defender:

My 38th Birthday.......March 12th. Few things bring me as much joy in life as my birthday and good food. I love my birthday and plan for weeks all the fun I will have. I began the festivities with a red velvet cupcake from "The Coffee Shop" at Agritopia. I put it on a pretty plate and ate it in happy delight:
I also enjoyed a free car wash at Danny's Car Wash and then picked up a free dozen at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. (for the kids, of course. I don't want to look like a complete PIG)

Then it was off the Liberty Market with my mom and sisters for brunch (also free on your birthday)
My family showered me with wonderful gifts and cards. Even Max the cat was included in a card.
I also saw 2 movies (free popcorn at Harkins on your birthday) and went to dinner at Joe's Farmgrill (also free on your birthday) I had an ahi tuna burger and sweet potato fries. It was all delicious. I'd have to say the theme of my day was "See how much free stuff you can get on your birthday"......not too bad.

We celebrated the next day with the rest of my family, including my brother-in-law, Christian's, birthday, which was on the 10th. He is holding Paisley, my niece and we are sharing a not so attractive, but delicious cake that I made.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

That cruise looks amazing Andrea. I think swimming with dolphins would be at the top of my list of things that I would like to do. Sounds like a pretty fun birthday too.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It looks like it was an incredible cruise and an incredible birthday! I'm so glad to see things are going so well for you and your family!

Take Care,
JoLynn

Jill Ison said...

I love how jolly you always are. That must be your secret to staying so young and beautiful. totally jealous of your fun times! Olivia started cheer! How fun!!

The Nordicans said...

Hi Andrea and Travis! This is Lori and James. Sadly we haven't talked in so long and I'm trying to get ahold of you by phone or email and can't seem to find either. Please send me a message at thenordicans@maricopaventures.com. I have to fill you in on our new additions :)

Love you all!