Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Morning

Our kids woke us up early...we told them not to get out of bed before 7 am but by 6:45 they couldn't wait any longer. Apparently they had all been in Olivia's room playing a game waiting for 7 am to come. How funny is that? We ceremoniously walked downstairs to see what Santa left everyone. The kids immediately ran to each of their piles by their stockings and opened presents from Santa. The excitement level was so high! Travis and I love to hear the screams and shouts of delight as each of our kids see what they got.
My silly boy, Ethan. Such a sweetheart. He can't contain his excitement.
Ella in her new skates and eating a treat from her stocking.
Remember the Big Wheel? We couldn't resist.
All the kids in their new jammies on Christmas Eve.
Ryan kept asking for a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Happily he found one in his stocking.
Another classic...remember the 2 car race track with the toggle handles? Keeping your car on the track around the curves is a challenge.
We gave Olivia a mystic topaz ring to match one I got in Cozumel. She loved it and wears it constantly.
Ella kept asking for the Dora that turns into a mermaid. Santa didn't disappoint.
I do love to see my kids showing the love to each other!
We followed the present opening with our traditional breakfast burritos with the rest of my family later that morning. We do the whole spread....huge flour tortillas from a taco shop, scrambled eggs, honey-baked ham, cheese, my dad's homemade salsa, guacamole and homemade cinnamon rolls. YUM! It's a family favorite that we all look forward to. The kids ran around playing with their new things and hanging with the cousins. It's blissful mayhem! We love it all and Christmas wouldn't be the same with out it.

9 comments:

SBrooks said...

Sounds fabulous!

Angie said...

I can't believe your kids and waking up that early!!!! We had to wake Jayne and Spencer up at 8:45am! I love all of the hugs and smiles and traditions of Christmas! It looks like you had a blast!

Kerri said...

Sounds like you all had such a fun Christmas!! The pics for sure captured all the excitement on Christmas morning.

Your Christmas card is beautiful, thanks for thinking of us!

Alma said...

7 am, wow! Our kids don't get up til 10 am! (don't ask me how we manage that! I love your video of Def Leppard. Frankly, I prefer Rock of Ages. We're showing our age here! ~alma

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Your kids are beautiful! That burrito sounds yummy! Have a great week! -Jen G

corndog said...

Haven't seen the family and they are all so darn cute.I missed not haveing enough time this vacation to seefriends. This summer i am trying to see more friends. Miss talking to you guys. Love you tons!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh it sounds and looks like it was such a nice Christmas for you guys. I love the big wheel! That 2 car racetrack made me laugh! It only made me laugh because a few Christmases ago our boys got one. To tell you the truth I think Brian may have had as much fun with it as the boys if not more.
JoLynn
P.S. I need to call you. I know you have done a couple of marathons. I'm not doing a marathon but for me it's a marathon! Anyway, I'd like to ask you some questions. This is a huge thing I'm doing for me because I'm NOT A RUNNER!!! Never have been!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow!!! You are my new hero. I knew you were amazing but wow that is absolutely incredible. I will be calling you to run with me, however, not quite yet I have to build up a bit. Seriously, I run like a 1/2 mile and walk about 1/8 of a mile and then I run again. I do all of this for about 3 miles and then I'm done. Believe it or not I have improved, but I'm just incredibly out of shape!!! I'd love to know how you built up so fast??? That is just amazing. Thanks for your help and encouragement.
JoLynn

OP said...

Andrea,

Just found your blog after doing a search on Dr. Spetzler. I am 28 with a brainstem tumor, sounds nearly identical to Travis. Would love to talk to you or Travis in particular about Dr. Spetzler's surgical options. Can you email me asap? jpc14_99@yahoo.com thanks so much