Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Disney Cruise

   Aboard the Disney Wonder Cruise ship, we discovered the best family vacation destination!
We flew to Orlando on Saturday and boarded the cruise ship on Sunday morning. The kids were dying to swim so we hit the pools first. The Mickey pool had a water slide that all four kids enjoyed. Next it was time to eat......something we did more times than I thought possible. The kids loved the idea of sleeping on the ship. We had 2 adjoining rooms and it worked perfectly. One night was Pirate Night. We all dressed up like pirates and hung out with Captain Jack. The kids wouldn't stop dueling with their plastic swords.
Travis and I spent the last night in the best restaurant we've ever eaten at, Palo. It requires reservations and is the only restaurant that isn't free. They served the most delicious Northern Italian cuisine. I had halibut and Travis had a shrimp pasta and lobster ravioli. We shared 3 (yes, 3!) desserts, including chocolate souffle. Amazing!

A huge highlight included a dolphin excursion on a private island off the coast of Nassau, Bahamas. We got to pet, hug, kiss, and dance with "Goombay" the dolphin. Ryan was terrified and Ethan was hesitant. The girls were so into it!
Olivia waiting for a kiss.

Ella going in for a hug.
They original pirate ship from "Pirates of the Caribbean" is beached in the water.


The girls really wanted their hair braided with corn rows. It was a bit painful and they didn't know what they were getting into.

But what a cute result. It was quite expensive, though. The braids can last 3-4 weeks so I'm going to get my money's worth. The girls still have their cute braids today...a week and a half later!
We absolutely loved every minute of our trip. Travis is all ready to plan another one. (we'll try to wait a year or two) We thought Disneyland was great, but this was phenomenal! And the ship didn't even have rides. We highly recommend it to any Disney fans. You won't regret it. It was wonderful to be together as a family and have everyone enjoy it so much.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

That looks like so much fun! Your kids are at that nice age too where they're old enough to do things, and yet young enough to still want to do them with their family. Fun!

kaleyq said...

What memories!! So happy you all had a wonderful time! Love the braids girls! So cute! Wish I could do that and not worry about my hair for weeks! Maybe someday we'll the cruise too.....maybe when I know that Eli won't scale the railing!

Kate said...

I can't tell you how fun this looks to me! I've always thought it would be fun and it's so great to hear a first hand account. I'm so glad you guys had a great getaway!! This is definetly in our future- I can feel it!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Wow. I want to come next time. The rest of the family would want to come with me.

Angie said...

Oh! I am so jealous. I would do that again in a heartbeat. I am so happy you have family pictures to keep as memories. We never took a single family picture. (It's a good excuse to do it again!)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That looks like an absolute blast! Brian's sister and her family left just yesterday for the same cruise. They were all so excited. That looks like so much fun and what wonderful memories for all of you. I'd love to do this sometime. Do you think our Blake would still have fun with this he's almost 14?

Oh and I wanted to update you. I'm making slow progress with my running but I am making some progress. I'm going to call you soon I just feel like I gotta get a little better before I call you to run with me.

JoLynn

Broadbent Family said...

Wow! What a fun trip. Dan has been wanting to take Hollyn on a Disney Cruise ever since we went to Disney Land. Thanks for testing it out for us. Also, thanks for taking Hollyn's pictures. I can't wait to see them. We had so much fun hanging out with you guys. Thanks for dinner, cinnamon rolls, and sugar cookies. We can't wait to see you guys again this summer.

Amy G. said...

what a blast. i'd settle for ANY cruise at all. i'm trying to talk josh into one and not having much success...maybe i need to show him the pictures!

Shawni said...

Hey Andrea...I'm so happy to see pictures of the big trip. It sounded amazing and now I get to see it. Man I want to go!