Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Birthday Week

Well, lots to update.........

First of all, last Thursday I celebrated my 36th birthday. (that number scares me a bit) I guess there's really no way around it. It's just weird that I don't feel like what I used to think a 36 year old would be like. Does that make sense? 

I got to spend the day at the Arizona Dental Convention with my dear friend, Cara. We both need the continuing education credits for dental hygiene. Being with her made it such a fun day. For lunch we met up with two other great friends, Lisa and Jill at Claimjumper in Tempe. (a meeting point between Phoenix and Gilbert) It was really sweet of them and I enjoyed myself immensely!


Later that evening, my family celebrated with me. The kids and Travis are always so thoughtful on my special days. I asked for a guitar and Travis delivered. I think I'll learn to play. He also got me some beautiful custom jewelry made by my friend, Noelle. Olivia bought me some cute silver earrings and fancy pens with her own money. Darling!I baked my own cake......totally my choice! If I was going to indulge, I didn't want a store bought one and Travis doesn't bake. I don't hold this against him in any way. Really.
My cute parents, Rollin and Juanita:
My darling sister, Emily and her babe, Paisley:

The next day we were off to Pinetop for the weekend. Our friends, Teresa and Delbert, let us stay in their charming cabin.  We hung out with the kids and enjoyed the cold weather for one last time. It was a quick trip, but a fun getaway.


My next adventure took me to the Marquee theatre where I saw David Archuleta (from American Idol) perform. He was absolutely adorable and amazing. It was worth standing for 3 straight hours. (standing room only) My mom and I had a good time together. We were supposed to meet up with my aunt and cousin but couldn't get to them in the front. We would have gotten beat up by some serious fans if we'd tried. I do think I'm a fan now. He's so talented and such a nice boy! I really sound like a mom, huh? My mom pointed out that technically I could be his mom. Scary. 

My last and most recent adventure took me to the Sun's game against the 76ers. It was a fun and fast-moving game. Suns won! It was a blast to see Nash and Shaq play. They are all just awesome to see in person. My brother and sister-in-law joined us and it was oh, so much fun!

Travis had his MRI last week and results show a stable tumor that remains unchanged. Nothing unexpected. He's doing fabulous and we will continue to monitor it. 

Life is good, what more can I say?


10 comments:

Kelee said...

Okay, so we need to keep up with each other better...we were at our cabin in Pinetop the same weekend you were up! Crazy! In fact, I'm still here....let's do lunch next week for your bday!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a good one, with lots of celebrating. And a big YAY that Travis' MRI results came back with no growth of the tumor!

Elder Eric Hadder said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear Travis is doing well. You guys are so wonderful - sending our best wishes to your whole family.

Angie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Like always, it sounds like you had a great day with a lot of different activities.

Erika said...

You look BEAUTIFUL and 29!!!! My 35th bday is 6 months from today. I can relate to your comments about getting older. So great to hear that Travis is doing well. We miss y'all!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday! It looks like you had a fabulous birthday! I'm glad that you did! You deserve nothing but the very best!!! I'm glad that all is staying the same with Travis' tumor. We will continue to pray that all stays well with him and your family!
Take Care!!! JoLynn

robin said...

Love Xanadu!!!

Noelle said...

Hellooooo... Sounds like a FABULOUS birthday extravaganza. It was fun talking with Travis the night before the big day. Sorry to keep him so late. I wanted to grab the phone from him to say hi but he didnt want to blow any surprises. So happy about the good news for Travis. Man oh man have you guys been through IT! I know it only made you stronger and your love for one another so deep.

Still trying to get togehter!!!!

Do you like your necklace? I saw that you were wearing it in the pictures. I think a BIG picture of it on the blog would look GREAT!!!

Glad things are looking up!

Katy said...

I'm so glad to hear about Travis' news. Your kids looked so cute on Sun. I would have never guessed that they didn't have new duds on. They looked very Easterish!

Liz said...

Happy birthday and good for you making your own cake....don't waste your calories on some store bought cake that the hubby picked up at the store.
So good to find your blog. You have such a super cute family.