Tuesday, February 9, 2010

when life gives you lemons.....


we have a lemon tree in our backyard.

it has been a good little lemon tree since we planted it 7 years ago.

the first season it gave us about 2 lemons. the next season it gave us a few more.

Then, a couple seasons later all the blossoms blew off during a terrible storm and we had no lemons that year.

but this year was different.

I wish i had a picture of all the lemons we picked......typical of me to think of these things after the fact.

we picked literally hundreds of lemons over the weekend.

it was amazing........aren't they beautiful?

travis bribed the kids to finish the job....2 dollars each. our youngest was the most motivated

so if you are one of the lucky ones to receive a bag of these lemons, enjoy!

if I haven't made it to your house.......i still have lots left! Just let me know how many you want!

by the way, I think my kids will be doing a lemonade stand later this week.

is it too cold for lemonade?

11 comments:

Spencer and Chelsea Coon said...

awww how cute...let them now ill be there to buy some lemonade from them! mmmm...and thanks again for lemons...you are sooo sweet!

&D designs said...

Isn't that great - we planted grapefruit and valencia tree in our yard. I saw beautiful oranges on the table yesterday and asked my husband - where did these come from -- he informed me from our backyard - we have been waiting for them to be ready to eat - LOVE IT!

Ashby said...

Is it bad that I totally "borrowed" lemons from our backyard neighbor's tree the other day? They have been calling my name for weeks, plus they were hanging over into our yard. That makes it okay, right? I'd be happy to take some of those bad boys off your hands if you can't find any homes for them!

Shawni said...

We just froze a bunch from our neighbor last night. I'm sure it'll make for great lemonade when we're in the mood.

HILLARY said...

I love lemons!!! I will come by and take some off your hands!

akelly said...

BOO HOO HOOO!!!!! I was thinking just the other day that it is citrus season in AZ! My in laws eat lemons raw, with just a little salt! That is too much for me but having fresh lemons from a tree are so much better! Enjoy a couple of cups of lemonade for me!

kaleyq said...

Beautiful lemons!! Wishing I was still your neighbor!

Montgomery Family said...

We love the lemons you gave us! Even though they were used just as much for entertainment as they were for consumption! Loved visiting with you last night! Thanks for stopping by!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

It's never to cold for lemonade! I will have to drive in your neighborhood just to see about buying some lemonade:)

Lori said...

Forgive me . . . I know this is kind of weird and it's like I'm stalking you, but I saw your blog link on somebody else's blog that I know. Seriously. Travis brought some lemons in at the office and I took full advantage of it. I've made lemonade that was sooo good. I've promised him some other goodies, but unfortunately they didn't make it out of the house - hee hee.

Jill Ison said...

those ARE beautiful lemons! We got tons this year too. so delicious!