Sunday, October 19, 2008

Half Way There

Travis completed the first 3 weeks of radiation on Friday. He is half way done! It's been hard on him but he is amazingly strong. From the symptoms he describes, it sounds a lot how the early stages of morning sickness feel. He is nauseous, tired and just feels bad overall. He is still managing to work at least 1/2 days or longer. Travis continues to do some bankruptcy work for Clint Smith part-time. He is also receiving a lot of referral work and is keeping pretty darn busy. The next few months will be a transitionary time and a lot will be happening. I have complete confidence that everything will work out very well for us.

The chaos in my life is definitely subsiding a bit. My dad is recovering well from his heart surgery. He is home from the hospital and getting stronger each day. My mom is still scootering around because of her foot surgery, but also doing well. I have my huge Enrichment Night coming up this Friday. When that is over, I will do a very happy, celebratory dance. It's been an enormous amount of work. Isn't it always more work than you every think? That's what I get for optimistically thinking I could pace myself by starting early. Big thanks to Jamie for her countless hours of help. I couldn't do it without my sister. I can't wait for Friday and know it's going to be lots of fun!

Last weekend I took Olivia and Ella to see "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" at East Valley Theatre in Mesa. My friend, Becki's daughter, Elli played the lead role of Lucy. She was so darling and did an incredible job. We had a great time together.
Ryan fell in love with our little Paisley and couldn't get enough holding time. He sure looked sweet with that baby in his arms.
I enjoyed taking a few pictures of her this week. She slept through the whole thing! This is her at 12 days old.

10 comments:

Kerri said...

Your family continues to amaze me!! We are happy to know Travis is half way through with radiation, yea!!! You all continue to be in our prayers!

Tiffany Hartman said...

Hey guys! This is our blog!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

A few years ago my family had a year like your family is having. EVERYTHING hit at once. Not fun. My mom said she's so glad it happened that way because she didn't have time to think about it. She just had to work hard to take care of everything. I hope you're thinking about the enjoyable things. Thanks for posting about them too. Congratulations on being 1/2 way, Travis!

jenreeder said...

Half- way! Yea!! The baby is so cute and Ryan looks adorable holding her.

The Natalie Hartman said...

Great pic's Andrea(...and Trav.) Could you get a few bad ones in there and make the rest of us feel normal!! XO, Natalie

&D designs said...

Hang in there Andrea - you seem to go through a lot of health issues, you're such a great example! We went to the play too - it was good!

Angie said...

The great thing about being half way through is that every session is now a count down! Continue to do great, Trav. I love the 'girls' night out. And I don't think that Ryan could be any cuter with the baby.

Melanie said...

I am glad that your parents are doing better and that Travis is in the last half of the radiation. You both continue to inspire me with your strength and positive attitudes! How cute is that picture of Ryan with your niece?! Love it! See you on Friday!

Lars said...

Congratulations on the milestone. you are all going through a lot, as you have before. We're praying for you all. Thanks for the updates.

Lauriann

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Glad to hear Travis is doing well and half way finished with his treatments. Good luck with your enrichment night. It looked like you had a lot of great things there! And that picture of Ryan and the baby are absolutely precious! Glad to also hear that your parents are recovering.
Good Luck to you all our prayers continue to be with you all!
JoLynn