Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Utah Trip

Travis and I spent the weekend in Utah as an "end of radiation celebration trip." We went with our friends, Kathryn and Randy, and had the absolute best time. We met up with some other great friends who recently moved to Draper, Mike and Angie. We went to the BYU game on Saturday and watched San Diego get beat badly. The weather was perfect...cool and sunny. I got to wrap up in a coat, scarf and gloves- my favorite things. There was even snow on the ground and the mountains were completely covered. We slept in, ate lots of yummy food, and enjoyed every minute of freedom from the kids.
We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn in Provo. We spent both nights hanging out playing games, watching movies, and eating treats. The boys enjoyed the game, "Settlers" (thanks, Mike) while the girls preferred visiting in the other room. But is was all a fabulous time and a much needed vacation. 

Highlights:
Cheese frys and hickory sauce from Training Table, Brick Oven Pizza, Downeast Outfitter Outlet (outlets are always a must since everything's so cheap, right?), Tai Pan Trading (Kathryn and I wanted a U-Haul to take home all the stuff we fell in love with), and of course the BYU Bookstore for cool souvenirs, brunch at The Homestead (did you know you can scuba dive in the hot springs crater there? We are definitely bringing swimsuits next time), the view....Timpanogos Mountain is breathtaking! Spending time with friends.......

Hot chicks

We love our wonderful friends. We are so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives. 

My honey and me

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thank you for the awesome memories! What's next? Love you guys!

Jill Ison said...

I LOVE the homestead! That place is awesome! And yeah those are some hot chicks! How fun that you met up with Angie. She's a cool chick for sure.

Melanie said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I'm glad you were able to get away for awhile and relax. And yay for end of radiation!!!

Angie said...

It was soo much fun seeing you guys again! I can't believe how hot you and Kath look! What a bunch of babes!!!! It was very enjoyable and I love that the girls ditched the Settlers of Catan game. Talking is more fun anyway. Just remember, (I told Kath this) the eyes are the nipples of the face.

Andrea Williams said...

Okay Ang, I'm going to have to put a parental advisory on my blog now! But it is very true.....

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so glad that you guys got to have a good time with friends. That was a much needed get away. Good for you!!!
JoLynn

Angie said...

Sorry.

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Okay Andrea, I hope you don't mind I'm going to have to snoop your blog now. I'm glad you guys had such a great time. It sounds like a really wonderful trip. I love all those places! Take Care-Jen

Cara Jones said...

Yay! You made it through radiation. I'm so glad you got away and had some carefree fun!