Sunday, September 28, 2008

Disneyland


We can finally all ride together! Ryan made the cut this year when he grew to 40 inches. Way to go, big guy. The funny thing is, Ryan looks the most relaxed out of the whole family. Ella wins for the most terrified.

The happiest place on earth has a magical affect on my children.....they actually get along.

Much to Travis and my dismay, the kids love to climb Tarzan's treehouse. That is just way too much exercise to do at Disneyland. They love the play area at the end.

Olivia took full advantage of all photo ops. She loved the waterfall here.

We've never taken the kids before November so it was lots of fun to see all the festive Fall decor. Everything was pumpkins, orange banners, orange and yellow mums. It made me so excited for cooler temps, Halloween and all the fun Fall activities. But none of us were prepared for the warm September weather. UGH! But the crowds were great and the kids got lots of action on countless rides. It was one of my best trips with the kids because we were able to ride nearly everything together. No more stroller swapping! We are officially out of the baby phase. We have really arrived. 

We planned on spending our third day there until after lunch then heading home. We did everything we could think of and more. It was fabulous. But of course after the last ride, Ella said, "Can we go on just one more ride?" That sums it up.
It's always a sad moment to say good-bye to our favorite place.

11 comments:

SBrooks said...

Looks like it was a blast! What days were you there in the week?

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a good time. It's also good to know that it wasn't to crowded there. We will have to plan a trip around this time of year sometime. Looks like a fun time had by all!

jenreeder said...

So glad that you had a great time. Let's get the kids together during Fall Break-- my kids have 2 1/2 weeks, starting today. How about you guys?

akelly said...

I have heard once all of your kids can ride every ride, Disneyland is a whole new experience. Sounds like you guys had a blast! Way to Go Ella on Splash Mountain! We leave for our Disney Cruise on Wednesday (Thanks Gma and Gpa). Good luck with radiation, Trav. Can you eat a popcicle before your treatments? My mom did when she had chemo treatments and she still has her tastebuds. But my ma-in-law did not eat a popcicle when she had chemo and her tastebuds are shot. Are the side effects of radiation similar to chemo? You guys are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

How fun. We we were there with you guys. My kids also are total Disney fans.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Disneyland during the fall is my favorite too! I'm so glad you all had fun together this year. I'd love to go with you when Heidi hits 40".

Nina Olson said...

Miss Andrea, I have not heard back from you. I have left you tons of comments. Its me Nina, I use to work for dr j and you did our family photos at xmas with the cute little doggie. Our blog address is olsonfamilyweb.com Just wanted to say hi. Sounds like you guys had a blast!!

Nichole Barney said...

Looks like so much fun! I love disneyland when it is cooler temps and not crowded. What a fun trip!

Brannon and Jen said...

Disneyland is the best during Halloween so much festivity! You guys look like you had a blast. Say hi to Ethan for Kaden he misses him!

Kerri said...

Oh, I am so glad you had this time as a family!! Looks like everyone had a blast!

Jill Ison said...

I haven't been there in forever. Great now I want to go! Thanks so much for dropping that stuff from the enrichment by. That was really nice.