Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What's a mom to do

So I spent one crazy night working myself into a frenzy of crafts. I was determined to complete a bunch of projects to display on Sunday morning for an upcoming "Girl's Night" in my ward. Did I mention I am Enrichment Leader? Anyway, I thought I had a "few loose ends" to complete and I would be ready to go. That was before I got called into work of Saturday then invited to an ASU football game that night. By the time I started the "loose ends" in was 11:00 pm. Travis came downstairs around 3:30 am to a kitchen full of corn husks, paper, glue, ribbon, etc. stewed all over. I told him he was dreaming and to go back up to bed. I called it quits about 4:45. Ryan woke me around 6:30 so that was all the sleep I was going to get. I made it through 3 hours of Church and was so excited by the response to the projects I set up. I ended up crashing for several hours after church and was good for nothing the rest of the day. I am really getting too old for all nighters. When did that happen?

By Monday, I wasn't feeling well and by the evening I was down right sick. I guess that's what they call burning the candle at both ends. It didn't serve me very well. Travis had to feed the kids (leftovers from Sunday) and get them to bed. This morning was no better. He had to get 4 kids up and ready for school then drive 4 kids to 3 different locations. Yeah, it's tough for me so you can imagine how he felt. Later in the day he told me he wishes he was sick instead of me. How selfless is that? Ha! Moms really never take time off to be sick. I came downstairs at 7 am to throw together 3 lunches and back to bed I went. When I finally staggered out of bed a while later, I managed to load the dishwasher and fold and put away clean laundry (the kids were having a fit this morning because all their favorites weren't in their drawers) before taking a shower and heading to another doctor appointment with Travis. Honestly, isn't there some way a mom can just take a time out and hang a "do not disturb" sign on their bedroom door? Sadly, I haven't found anyone who can tell me how that works.

Lucky for me I am feeling much better tonight!

My cornhusk Harvest Wreath

The crackled monogram

The very fun magnetic advent Christmas calendar

The mod podge scrapbook paper frame- my favorite!

13 comments:

Kate said...

All the things you made were so cute! Sorry you paid such a high price for them. You do such a great job in your calling :)

Caryn said...

I can not wait to do the advent calendar! They are so cute!

Nichole Barney said...

Cute stuff! I am excited to do some of them! glad you are feeling better!

Jill Ison said...

Holy cow that looks like alot of work! Wish I even got to see them... someday I venture past the nursery hall. Looks good though!

&D designs said...

Hey Andrea - those crafts looks so cute - I would love to sign up for the advent calendar if I can??? How much - do you mind? - andi

kaleyq said...

ugh!--a mom's job is never done! unfortunately the days when we could quickly recover from those all nighters are long gone! but it looks like it was worth it--very cute crafts! wish i could come!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

You are one busy lady. Didn't anyone tell you your not supposed to be so good. You make slackers like me look real bad.:)
I love all your crafts! I wish I was in your ward!
I hope you are feeling better and got caught up on some well deserved sleep.
JoLynn

lovinglife said...

I want a crackled monogram!! How much for a "U" ?? It was so great to chat with you on the phone. And I'm laughing right now because I am the enrichment leader TOO!! We didn't get to that in our conversation. But I am going to try your bread. I am doing my craft day right now too. Our display just went up today. We definitely have to swap ideas for next time--or hopefully, somebody else will be doing it next time. :) I feel your pain!! But cute crafts!! We'll talk soon, but I'm serious about the U. So cute!

Kerri said...

The 25 days of Christmas is my favorite, so cute!!! I hope you start to feel better, being sick and being a mom at the same time is so not fun!

jstapley said...

Ok-your projects are darling!!! When life slows down,yeh right (I am still waiting for it to do that), I would love to see them and make my own.

Molly said...

Okay... Andrea, I want that advent calendar!! We need to talk!!!

Noelle said...

I want to make the advent calendar. Wanna share your tips!!!

Cara Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.