Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ryan's Reptile Adventures

Ryan turned 4 over the weekend and today we had the Reptile Guy, Rich, come with all his amazing reptile friends to entertain 15 kids. It was the best, most entertaining party I've ever thrown!  He wowed the kids with his collection of lizards, iguanas and snakes. He has raised all of them from babies and they were so much fun to see. He had a bearded dragon, Junior, a  legless lizard, Goldie, a friendly snake, Billy (all the kids got to hold him!), and a 7 year old albino python named Lilly. She is over 16 feet long and weighs over 100 pounds! Check out all the kids kneeling beside her in the above picture. Surprisingly, no one was scared and they all wanted to pet her.

Ryan took some convincing, but finally got cozy with Billy. It freaked him out just a bit.

Travis was super comfortable with a snake wrapped around his neck.

One of the coolest friends was T-bow, the rhinoceros iguana. Rich has raised him for the past 19 years. T-bow is only middle-aged so he has a lot a life still in him. Rich educated all of us about these unusual reptiles. Each kid from 3 years old and up were fascinated and mesmerized by the presentation. Rich is hilarious with the animals. He has a funny relationship with each animal and you could tell how much he loves them.


Ethan was excited to hold Billy. I'm sure it was a little scary but everyone was doing it, so how bad could it be?

My sister in law, Jodi, recommended Reptile adventures and Rich didn't disappoint! It was such a treat and all the kids (and grown ups) had a great time. If you want to check out Reptile Adventures click here

Travis begins radiation on the 29th. We plan to take the kids to Disneyland for a few days before he begins. The kids got a little gyped this summer when we cancelled all our vacation plans. We need an escape and as many of you know, we are Disneyland freaks! 


14 comments:

kaleyq said...

WOW! How did he haul a 16 ft python to your house?! That would've freaked me a bit! But how fun for Ryan and all his friends! He looks so big and grown up! Good luck to Travis with radiation--have fun at Disneyland!

Nichole Barney said...

Wow! My kids would really love that! Looks like fun! Disneyland sounds so fun too! Perfect time of year to go!

lovinglife said...

What a GREAT birthday party. That snake was HUGE! How fun to go to Disneyland. Have a great trip! If you need an escape, come see us! We could swim and BBQ. We still have to talk enrichment, soon!

Lindsay said...

Hey Andrea, I found your blog through Rhonda! We happen to love Rich the reptile guy in our house. In fact, my 5 year-old Haley imagines him coming to her school just about every day. Good luck with your up coming plans!

robin said...

What an awesome idea for a party.
You are so brave!

Kelee said...

Um....Andrea....I can't believe I left my kid at that party!! That ginormous snake could have eaten those children!! Haha!! My Ryan loved it and is still telling everyone about it!
Thanks again....

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Wow what an awesome birthday party! My boys even at their older than 4 years old ages would think that was way cool. However, I'm not nearly as cool of Mom as you are because there is NO way I could ever be in the same room with all those snakes! Oh my goodness! But my hats off to you! Like I've always said you are one amazing lady!

Good luck to Travis with the radiation. And have a blast at Disneyland! We are big Disneyland fans too!
JoLynn

Kerri said...

Wow! We may have to steal that birthday party idea from you sometime. What a fun thing for all the kids, especially the boys!!

Have so much fun at Disneyland, so glad you can all have some special family time!

Broadbent Family said...

What a fun party. You always have the greatest ideas. Ryan looked like he was in heaven. That will be a b-day he will never forget and Disneyland too! You and Trav are so good about creating the best memories for your kids. Trav is a rock star and I know he will do amazing with radiation. We love you guys and know that you are in our prayers.

akelly said...

That is absolutely CRAZY!!!!! You have a lot more guts than I do. I don't know if I could handle that but then again, if it's for the kids..... I know Kathryn did something like that for Wyatt a few years ago and he loved every minute of it. Have fun in Disneyland. We leave for the Disney Cruise Oct 1! 3 days at WDW!!!! YIPEEEEEE WE will keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! What a great idea. Noah would love this!!! I will have to remember this for March when he turns 5. Hey by the way are you up to doing any pictures again. I'll pay!! Aubrey gets her braces off in about two weeks and I just realized that I don't have a professional picture of her. Let me know.
thanks, Kristin

Noelle said...

What a great mom! A little boys dream.

Unknown said...

I am a huge fan of "the Junction." thanks for sharing Travis!

SBrooks said...

Man! My Dawson has been asking if he can do the reptile guy for a month, ever since he went to his school. Looks like it wqas worth the cash!