Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Breaking Dawn....loved it!

Calling all Twilight Series fans! I spent the last several days with the 4th and last book of the series in my hand whenever possible. I took my time, read slowly, savoring each moment of my favorite guilty pleasure. I put off everything else I could....it was all I could think about for 5 days. Anyway, it may be silly but what a fun escape! I'm actually in a bit of a slump because I'm done and wish I wasn't. I won't give anything away if by chance, another fan hasn't already finished it, but it definitely didn't disappoint. I loved the direction she took the story and think she wrapped up the series well. Two thumbs up.

Okay, so I'm back to reality again!

5 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I loved the book too! And I haven't talked to even one person who hasn't just loved these books.
Your kids are absolutely darling!!! I'm sure they are loving school and doing great with it.
We are so glad to hear Travis is doing so well and I'm so sorry we are such loosers and have done nothing to serve you guys or help you guys. But please know that our thoughts and prayers have been with you and are still with you.
JoLynn Ellsworth

jenreeder said...

Reality isn't as fun. I read it in 1 1/2 days while letting my family go crazy without me. I have read a few really good ones lately... are you on goodreads yet? I will send you an invitation so you can see what I have been reading. You may need a "pick me up" after finishing Breaking Dawn.

Angie said...

Atleast I am not the only one that had Breaking Dawn fit once I was done reading it. I spent the next two days on Stephenie Meyer's website watching trailors for Twilight. I think I am over that addiction. Too bad it has taken me 2 weeks to get my house clean once again. It was really disguisting when I was reading. I LOVED IT!

Kate said...

Ahhh-I am in total agreement. Guilty pleasure sums it up for me too. I would reread a part I thought I may have missed the full meaning of and I wanted to just read and read but I was trying to not finish super fast at the same time. I knew I would be sad when it ended. Right after I was telling Dana that if I turned into a vampire I think my talent would be to make things turn out like I want them to (like that one lady at the end) and trying to explain what I meant and he was just laughing like I'm nuts. It's a hard and somewhat painful transition back to reality! :)

lovinglife said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO obessed too, Andrea. I always get so sad when I finish on of her books...like a best friend has moved away. I LOVED it SO much. I need more good book to get me out of my "post breaking dawn slump." Ideas anyone??