Tuesday, August 5, 2008

the end of summer

I just spent the entire day getting ready for my 3 older kids to start school tomorrow. I can't believe three of my kids are going to be in school all day......from now on! That seems completely weird to me. I had to pack supplies in backpacks (lots & lots of supplies!), lay out lunch fixings (I now have to pack 3 lunches each day...that seems a bit overwhelming), have the kids lay out their new school clothes, and fill out tons of paper work from the teachers. It seemed like a lot more than usual. Anyway, today was their last day of summer and part of me is a little sad. But the bigger part of me is so excited for the new school year and all the adventures to come. I do like schedules and structure so this is good. I'm thinking of all the time I will have now. I'm sure I'll get caught up on everything I've been meaning to do. Yah, sure! I can always hope. Well, a very big morning awaits me and it will be here in no time.

By the way, Travis went into work for a few hours today. Isn't that awesome? It did wipe him out and he took a 3 hour nap when he got home. His body is working so hard to mend itself. But he is getting back to his normal self a little more each day. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh I am jealous! Addie and Jayne don't start school until the 18th! We are just trying to get back on a normal bedtime. Enjoy the peace and quiet! Trav, congrats on starting working again! I can't believe you are back just after a couple of weeks after the surgery! Absolutely amazing!!!!!! PS. Where are the pix of getting the staples out?! HE HE HE