Sunday, May 18, 2008

Music & Cookies


Olivia had her Spring performance on Saturday for the musical theater she attends each week taught by Jenee Wright-Prince.  Olivia and her friend, Megan have lots of fun doing this together.  They sing songs and do dance moves along with it.  It's great to see her on stage being such a performer!  She is such a doll.
Today was stake conference.  Now with that said, we enjoyed a family day at HOME.  Let me explain........our last experience at stake conference led us to make the decision that once a year is enough for now.  Unfortunately, the twins repeatedly asked questions about what the whole stake verses general conference is and why we weren't watching it on T.V.  We answered the best we could.  Boy!  Our kids sure do keep us on our toes!  Ella wanted to make cookies, so today it was peanut butter.  I actually let both Ella and Ryan roll out the balls, roll them in sugar and make the criss-crosses with the fork.  I tried hard not to micromanage.    They loved it!  I resisted having even a taste since I am now on day 7 of my "no carb" South Beach diet.  I am grumpier than ever and hope the cravings do stop soon as the program swears they do. UUHGG!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go lady!!!!! Keep it up!! You are AMAZING!!!! I am so proud of you day 7. Wish I was a dedicated as you are. Love Kristin

Blachlorette tomorrow? i'm still on 9:00

Caryn said...

We too only do SC once a year (or not at all) it is so hard with little ones! No carbs? You are my idol... No carbs and running, no wonder you look as good as you do, and I look like I do.

Melanie said...

I didn't know Olivia was taking those classes. How fun! I think we are adopting your once-a-month stake conference thing. Today felt like the longest one I had been to and we left half an hour early. And what a great job you're doing with South Beach!

Melanie said...

Yeah, so I meant to say once a YEAR not month. Wow, wouldn't that be bad?

Rhonda said...

Hey Andrea, you are amazing. If I was doing no carbs...my kids wouldn't be making cookies. You are my hero! We went to stake conference for the first time in about 2 years. We went with Mike's family so they were a ton of help with Daniel.

Ronda said...

Andrea,
Thanks for stopping by my blog-I can't believe how big your kids have gotten-so fun to see them. My Ella still talks about your Ella-so cute.
Ronda

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Scott's out of town and I had some sick kids on Sunday so we stayed home too. My kids WILL NOT sit still for FHE but somehow they thought the idea of "Primary at Home" was fantastic. It was just like FHE but during the day, which seemed to help a lot. I'm tempted to have "sick kids" more often now.

Maren said...

How cute? How cute? WAY cute!!!!

&D designs said...

Hey - this is the first year I think my kids actually paid attention to SC - (except Rowdy) any way - I would love to get some info on the singing group you are with - can you send me some info - Andi Gooch