Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Waiting Game

My cute Ella and her cousin, Paris had a great day playing dress-up and dancing around all day. Ethan enjoyed unlimited Wii playtime with his friend, Smith.  Olivia played all day long with her great friend, Megan and Ryan was happy to just hang out with all the kids at the house.  My kids are in a state of childish oblivion with no idea of the hardship that is going on in our family.  Travis and I are not quite ready to tell them what's going on.  I enjoy the carefree attitudes of these darling kids.  It has helped pass the time as we countdown to meeting with doctors tomorrow.

Travis' dad and brother came over this evening to give him a Priesthood blessing.  I feel so much peace and am thankful for the comfort the Spirit is giving me right now.  I also cannot believe the love we are receiving from all our friends and family.  It is mind boggling to me. Friends dropping off  treats, visiting teachers bringing a bag of food to take to doctor's appointments, words of comfort from so many......it is touching beyond expression.  

This Sunday is conveniently Fast Sunday.  Our ward is planning on doing a special fast for Travis.  We are so thankful for this and appreciate all those who wish to participate.  We know the power of fasting and prayer and have seen it's miraculous workings in our family before. Again, my love goes out to all our dear friends and family.   THANK YOU!

3 comments:

&D designs said...

Andrea - I had no idea your family was going through this. Our family will keep you in our prayers - hope all will be well, it seems like you have a huge support team - that's great! Take care

Shawni said...

Andrea, I'm not calling you because I know you're with doctors and all that today, but wanted you to know we sure are thinking of you and praying that today and tomorrow go well. We'll definitely be in on the Sunday fast as well. My heart is aching for you guys and your beautiful family. You guys are so amazing and inspiring.

Joanna Heiden said...

Andrea,
I am so saddened by your news! I just found this link to your blog and am so sorry to hear of this hard trial. We miss you guys and will add Travis to our prayers. You have an amazing family and Heavenly Father will bless you!
Keep the faith!