Tuesday, June 3, 2008

FINALLY........some good news

My cute little twins loving on each other and loving their favorite past time......swimming!
What a roller coaster ride my life is right now.  But I am so happy to report that a ray of light and hope has come about.  The first doctor we met with last Thursday from the Barrows Institute, Dr. Ashby, met with a team of neuro-surgeons and oncologist yesterday. The surgeon that everyone says can do things no other surgeon can do, his name is Dr. Spetzler, reviewed Travis' case and MRI.  He wants to consult with us next week because he thinks he can do surgery and remove most of the tumor. Then it would be treated with radiation and chemotherapy. We are so hopeful and feel like this could be the miracle we have all been praying for. Of course, we are anxious to meet with him and talk with him about the surgery. It probably won't be until next week.  I'll update as soon as there is any news.

Other than that small distraction, it's been summer time in the Williams' home.  All the kids want to do is swim, swim, swim. Ryan is in swim lessons with our great friend, Geri Broadbent. Olivia is taking a diving class. I've set up some summer craft groups with some of the kids' friends and they are excited about that.  Oh, Travis said good-bye to his gas-guzzling, V-8, Ford F1-150 today and hello to a practical and economical Nissan Altima.  I think it was a good trade. He needed some convincing but he's on board.  (those gas prices should be illegal!)  

Today was a good day!

11 comments:

Josh n Jodi said...

Thanks for the update. We have been thinking of you guys. Let get the kids together this week. Love you guys.

Sherri @ Dude I Made It said...

Andrea,
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and your sweet family.

I have heard fabulous things about Dr. Spetzler. Last month he removed a small tumor from my cousin, and the recovery has gone very well.

Please know you are in our daily prayers. Love ya, Sherri Olson

Kelee said...

Andrea - that is great news! We are so happy for you guys! Love Ya!

Rhonda said...

That is awesome news. Looks like the ward fast and the bishop's prayer has been heard. That was the most incredible sacrament meeting I've ever been to. I love that you keep your blog updated so that everyone knows what is going on. Your family continues to be in our prayers.

Ronda said...

That is great news! We are keeping your family in our prayers...I will keep checking back for updates.

Melanie said...

What great news!! I hope it is the first of many happy updates in your journey.

Nichole Barney said...

That is the best news I have heard all day! You have constantly been in our thoughts and prayers. I am so happy for you that you are getting some answers.

Al said...

Hi Andrea,
I just heard the news and I am so sorry for you and your family. Please know that we will pray for you and we know that miracles happen everyday!

Alexis Merrill

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Hooray! We're so happy to hear some GREAT news. We will keep our fingers crossed and arms folded. Please let us know if there's anything we can do from CA. We're ready and willing to do whatever we can!

Maren said...

Oh Good! I have been hoping and praying for your family. I hope we still get to see you in July. Have you told the kid yet?

Love, Maren

Angela said...

That is such great news, Andrea! I can't wait to hear what the doctor says. My offer for dinner still stands...let me know!
Angela Miner