Thursday, June 26, 2008

Surgery Date!

The kids were out swimming this evening and Ryan started showing off and dancing around. I was taking pictures of them jumping into the pool. I'm not sure what made him think of it, but he turned around and "mooned" me! I was laughing so hard but didn't want to encourage it.....too late, right?

Okay, so we got the green light with scheduling at Dr. Spetzler's office for Travis to have his surgery. The date is July 22nd. That's less than 4 weeks away! We don't really know what to expect in the way of his recovery. The doctors told us that he will be in ICU for 3 days following surgery, then another few days in the hospital. If everything goes just right, Travis will be sent home for more recovery at home. So much of the outcome is contingent on how the surgery goes, how Travis responds, etc. We feel confident that he has every reason to do very well and heal quickly. 

5 comments:

Katy J said...

Let us know what you guys need... We would love to either watch kids or Travis!

Mendy said...

It must be a relief and a bit scary to have a date now! Please let me know if I can be of any help. We love your family!

akelly said...

First of all, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! I think Ryan is like his father. He He He. Second, your family has been in our prayers since I heard the news. Andrea, you have always amazed me with your strength and acceptance. Travis, I can not even imagine the roller coaster ride you have been on the last couple of months. Thank heaven for the Priesthood. Literally. I truly miss you guys. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I will see you hopefully on July 15! Love you all, Angie Kelly

Amy G. said...

Count on us for dinner one of those nights for sure! And let me know if I can help with kids or whatever. You're in our prayers.

lovinglife said...

I think of you so much. You both are such strong amazing people. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you. Darcy