Monday, June 23, 2008

Wedding on the beach

   Jeff, Jim (the groom) and Travis at Newport Beach
                                 Olivia, the flower girl                                                              

Travis, Olivia and I took a quick trip over to California last Saturday and Sunday for our friends, Jim and Tiffany, wedding on the beach. It was a small and simple ceremony with just family and a few friends. They wanted to be married on the beach and Jim's awesome bishop even flew in to officiate the ceremony. We enjoyed dinner at Oysters in Corona Del Mar afterwards. We stayed at a hotel and got up the next morning and surprised Olivia with a day at Disneyland. We had so much fun hanging out with just Olivia. It was such a treat for all of us!

A quick update on Travis.......we are trying to schedule surgery as early as mid-July or August. He is feeling so great! His new way of eating has had an incredible impact on his energy level. He doesn't feel fatigued or sluggish anymore. We splurged on a couple sweets over the weekend, but Travis was satisfied with a couple bites. Even still, he actually felt a little sick by Sunday evening from not eating as good as usual.

My parents dropped by tonight as we were finishing up dinner. As soon as the kids went to bed somehow we started talking about how Travis has been working on getting his pH more alkaline. It's been improving over the past couple of weeks. We have these test strips you can use to find your pH. The most accurate reading is to do it at night with urine. We were all curious what our pH's were so we all went into the master bath to check it out. Ideally, it should be around 7.0. My mom and I were around 6.0, Travis was between 6.5 and 7.0 and my dad won with a pH of over 7.0! Crazy! Travis started at a 5.0 to 5.5 a couple weeks ago. He's done so well. I know that this may sound way out there in left field, but there is definitely something to it. Travis and I know that the body can do amazing things when it's fueled correctly and treated well. Travis has been extremely disciplined about everything. It will help him recover from surgery and hopefully help prevent future illnesses.

4 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Amazing about the PH balance and how it's helping Travis feel better. I'm scared to know what mine is after the lunch of leftover kid food, chips and Dr Pepper. I'm probably OK though since the chips were Sun Chips. They're healthy, right? (Maybe if I ate better I wouldn't need that Dr Pepper . . . )

Nichole Barney said...

How fun that you could take Olivia and go on a little get away. I totally agree with you that what you put in your body can make a difference in your over all well being. I am glad it is making him feel a little better. Every bit helps!

Amy G. said...

My dad, though his cancer was terminal, still had an amazing quality of life the last few years by taking extreme good care of himself (well, maybe the credit should really go to my mom:)) It totally makes a difference! Now if I could just remind MYSELF of that...

Kevin and Julie Hansen said...

Travis and Andrea-
OK guys...it's been so long since we've been in touch. I just want to say I LOVE YOU both, and that I am, as ever, so completely in awe of how you're choosing to handle the news of Travis' tumor. You are such examples of strength and discipline. I wish I was closer and could help out. I know it's not been an easy time. I have heard about what you've been going thru from so many sources that love and support you. You have touched so many people with your strength and love for each other. I've kept you and your family in my prayers constantly. I'm so excited to hear that you had a good experience with Dr. Spector(sp?) Really quick...Travis, you are REALLY doing your homework. My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at last stages of stage 4 (close to death) and given only a few months to live. She COMPLETELY overhauled her diet, and lived almost 6 wonderful, healthy years (stopping the cancer growth in it's tracks). She totally, 100% believed in being alkoline balanced, and also ate such a strict diet and juiced 3x a day. Let's be in touch. There's more I'd like to share about what she learned. Love to you both. You're incredible, both of you.
xoxo-
Julie (Campbell) Hansen