Thursday, June 5, 2008

Patience is a virtue.....

Travis and Ella hanging out in his new hammock we gave him as an early 
Father's Day gift. 


I guess I'm going to have to get used to waiting. Waiting for news, waiting for appointments, waiting for results.  The neurosurgeon, Dr. Spetzler, is on vacation for 2 weeks and can't see us until June 30th. And we hear that's good. We are just hoping that nothing changes between now and then. Travis did some research and read about different remedies, supplements, etc. He is eating cottage cheese with flaxseed oil 2 times each day. (This is HUGE since he hates cottage cheese.) He also takes CoQ10 and shark cartilage supplements. I've got him drinking anti-oxidant concentrates like acai berry. And the big one..........we have eliminated Diet Coke from our diets......that's been a little rough for me personally. I know it's not good for you, but I sure do enjoy drinking it! I'm preparing foods a little differently, adding more fresh fruits and veggies. I have a cleaning spray for non-organic fruits like strawberries and raspberries to remove pesticides.  It's 1 cup water, 1 cup distilled white vinegar, 1 tablespoon baking soda, 20 drops grapefruit seed extract.  I just spray it on the fruit and let it sit for 5-10 minutes then rinse well. We are trying to remove as much artificial stuff from our diet as possible. It's definitely worth the effort!

Next week we are off to Houston to visit Anderson M.D. It's a research hospital. They have some of the best neurological doctors and surgeons there. We figured it can't hurt to get more opinions.  Some of you can expect a call from me because I'm going to need to farm out some kids for a couple days! Thanks in advance........everyone is being incredibly helpful and supportive. I still can't believe the out-reach to our little family. We feel the love people!!!!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Call me anytime to take the kids. It sounds like you guys have learned so much and making amazing changes. I need to give up that dang diet coke too. I'm sure the waiting is so hard...love the hammock to relax in while waiting.

&D designs said...

Andrea - good luck in Texas! Been thinking of you - I heard how great your fast and testimony meeting was. I would love to take you kids anytime - Wish they knew me! Olivia is welcome to come to activity days anytime - :)

Kate said...

Andrea- Hi I love your blog. I've visited a couple times before since we heard your news. I would love to help you in any way. I could definetly help watch your kids while your gone. We just love you guys and pray for you daily.

lovinglife said...

Still thinking of you all the time. I hope Houston goes well. Way to go on changing the diet. That is hard stuff!! Good for you. I hope June 30th comes quickly for you guys. Big hugs sent your way!! Darcy

Shari Goodman said...

You need to add magnesium oil. I can tell you where to get it and who to talk to about it. She has conquered cancer twice and swears by it. She also knows everything about nutrition for cancer. Call me.

Nina Olson said...

Hello Andrea. I found your blog from Sarinah. She came to see me in the hospital and told me the news. If there is any way I can help please let me know!