Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Cash and Maizy!

Kathy (my sister-in-law Jodi's mom) made the most darling polka dot and candy cakes!

Cash turned 1 on July 10th. He is quick to smile and loves to walk everywhere. He's the sweetest little boy and so much fun to have in our family!

Maizy turned 1 on June 29th. She is an absolute doll. She has a more serious personality but if I work a little she will laugh and play with me. She has a thing for climbing my stairs every chance she gets!

We had a combined birthday party for the two babes turning 1 last Saturday. It was fun to have everyone together. All the kids enjoyed running around and eating yummy cake. Cash and Maizy were most likely overwhelmed by all the fuss, but seemed to have a great time just the same. I just can't believe that these two sweet babies are already one. I know it's been said millions of times, but time goes by too fast!

Travis and I are making preparations for his surgery next Tuesday. We meet with the hospital on Monday to get pre-op instructions and get another MRI. We are incredibly in awe that Dr. Spetzler is our surgeon. We feel completely at peace about moving forward with this surgery. Travis has been reading a book written about Dr. Spetzler called "The Healing Blade." It really cements in our minds what a miraculous surgeon he is. He has been blessed with a rare and amazing gift. I'd have to say that our expectations of the surgery's outcome are very high. 

I'm keeping it together.....barely. We are entering unchartered territory. I'm trying not to over think everything, but can't control my subconscious mind from running all over the place. This is the most intense event of my life. I have faith that everything is going to go well and we'll be okay. But it doesn't change the gravity of the upcoming events. As always, Travis is my rock. I don't know how he does it. He is the greatest blessing in my life and I am enormously thankful that he is my best friend, partner and husband. 

Travis and I are fasting this Sunday and invite all who wish to join us in this fast. We are so appreciative for all the prayers that have no doubt sustained our family in this difficult experience. We know it has made a difference. We love you all so much.

4 comments:

lovinglife said...

You both are so strong and amazing Andrea and Travis. Our hearts and prayers will be with you this next week. We believe in miracles. I know the Lord is mindful of you and He will sustain your family through this trial. We love you so much. Thanks for the update.
Darcy and Nathan and Kids

Kerri said...

You both are inspiring! Our family prays for you often!

Bob told me today that he ran into Travis at Rumbi's and your "little man" may be playing soccer with us this Fall. How fun that would be to see your family each week.

You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers! Much love your way!

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you guys and are praying for you constantly! Keep up the healthy attitude Andrea! You are a rock.
Love, Kristin

&D designs said...

Andrea - how fun - those cakes are soooo cute!