Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cruisin' through recovery

Travis has been home from the hospital for 2 days now. He slept for nearly the entire first 24 hours. Today has definitely been the best he has felt so far. He has been walking around the house, catching up on some emails, the newspaper and other reading. His appetite has been great and he is going to try to gain back the weight he lost in the hospital. His shorts keep falling down and unfortunately his belts are too big. I wish I had that problem! I cannot believe how well he is doing. He hardly takes any of his pain pills. He has pain and tightness in the area of his incision. That's about it. He gets the sutures out in a few days. He even made the comment this morning that he felt like he wanted to go back to work. Right! It's going to take effort to make sure he rests as much as possible. I can tell he's going to get antsy! He's catching up on daytime TV. That is already getting old! We are trying to find a physical therapist in the east valley that specializes in neuro rehab. Our friend, Fred Treece who is a PT here in Gilbert is helping us with that. So hopefully, we can get therapy started very soon. I am shocked at how well he is strutting around the house like nothing else. No one would believe he had brain stem surgery 8 days ago. He still needs help with balance and coordination. I know he will get it back quickly. He's just completely awesome!

6 comments:

Amy said...

So glad to hear all of that! What an Amazing blessing.Good Luck keeping him down.I am so happy for you both.

Nichole Barney said...

I am so glad he is home and is doing so well. It is probably so nice to be in your own home. It is amazing that he has been through all that he has and is so strong. It sounds just like Travis though. He is so amazing!

Mendy said...

What an amazing blessing to have him home and doing so well, so soon! I'm so glad his recovery is moving along so quickly. It's all those days he put in at the gym! Simply amazing!

The Spendloves said...

I am extremely excited that all has gone so well with this major ordeal. As I sit and watch from the sidelines I can only imagine the highs and lows and the spiritual strength that you have experienced. Keep on rocking!

Shari Goodman said...

He looks great! What a blessing. Anything is possible and I know through all of your diligence it will all pay off. We keep praying for you. Let me know if I can help at all with kids, etc. Glad you got the oil from Nancy.

Angie said...

How wonderful!!!! I am soo happy to hear that he is home and doing so well! How are YOU doing, Andrea? There is something on cnn.com about brain surgery while the patient is awake. You might be interested in reading it. Continue to keep us informed. We love ya!