Sunday, July 6, 2008

Stars and Glitter

It's been a while.......no serious updates to report. We took a mini vacation to the Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix on Thursday night with the kids. We spend two days in the wave pool, the lazy river and Travis and Olivia went down the water slides a few times. The kids loved it! Their favorite was the lazy river. They thought it was the coolest thing to float on huge tubes and go around the river over and over. We took them to Rainforest Cafe for dinner on Thursday. They thought that was the greatest place ever. They are asking to go back already. On Friday morning we went crazy and ate at Denny's before hitting the resort pools again. The kids sported their handmade 4th of July T-shirts all day. We painted them for a little project and they were so PROUD! Ella wanted as much silver glitter on her stars as possible. That girl is such a princess. We then spent the afternoon and evening with the Greene and Hicks families for a little BBQ and more swimming!  My highlight was watching all the men play a little Gorilla Ball in the pool. It got brutal. The guys were all comparing bruises at church today. We all had the best time......and that wasn't the end of it. We all caravanned to a fireworks show at Mesquite High School. They started a little slow but the show ended up being quite spectacular! The kids were worn out beyond all reason by the end of the day. We are finally recovering two days later. We also saw Wall-E on Saturday......way cute movie. I recommend it!

As for the more serious matters.......nothing new there. We are getting closer to the surgery date of July 22nd. Just over 2 weeks. I'm constantly aware it's coming soon. I feel a combination of excitement and fear. I really believe everything is going to go well. But the wife in me is quite nervous about it. The stakes are so high and we have no way to really know what the outcome will be. Travis has done nothing short of completely changing his diet and whole way of living. He feels amazing, looks amazing (eating this diet has that effect!), and impressed the heck out of me. This journey has taught us a great deal and we continue to learn as we go. I'm overwhelmed by all the information we have found that has helped us and given us such hope and empowerment. 

5 comments:

Caryn said...

I love those homemade t shirts. How fun. I love that we can go 30 minutes and be on a vacation! Braden still asks to go back and we went last fall! I am excited to read about all your news once we get back from our trip!

Nichole Barney said...

Looks like a fun little get away. We need to try that sometime. Your kids look adorable in the matching shirts.

Jen said...

Andrea,
I hope things go well with Travis' surgery. I will be thinking about you guys. I had back surgery from a doc (Sontag) at Barrows Neurological last fall. It obviously wasn't as serious as his surgery is but I can tell you that I love love love that surgeon that helped me. The whole experience was great and all of the people that I came in contact with both at the office and the hospital were great. Good luck to you guys.

Jen Tanner

Stephanie Walker said...

Hey Andrea! Curt just passed on your blog address so I thought i'd drop a little comment to say hi and that we are praying for your family. I hope the surgery goes well! www.stephandcurt.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

I've been having computer problems for the last month, but I had to pop in and say hi. I'm glad you guys had a nice weekend! Your family continues to be in our prayers as his surgery date approaches!